ACUNS members come from diverse fields of study and practice, including international relations and international law, trade and development, human rights, humanitarian affairs, medicine, environmental studies, migration studies, cultural studies, media and social networking analysis, business, and many more. ACUNS encourages the participation of members at all career stages and on all continents.
ACUNS also remains committed to the inclusion and rights of Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), women, LGBTQ+, cultural minorities, veterans, all faiths, the disabled, the poor, first generation students, and anyone disadvantaged by unfair practices and structures.
The benefits of becoming an ACUNS member as well as the process for joining the organization are described below. As of January 2021 and the establishment of ACUNS as an independent nonprofit organization, memberships extend for one or three years starting from the date an individual submits the necessary fees. Please note that membership rates have been revised to enable increased participation among lower-income members, in line with the practices of other professional associations.
You are invited to join the ACUNS community by completing the required individual registration form accessible via the button below.
All ACUNS members are part of a global community of scholars and practitioners active or interested in the UN and international issues. In addition, by becoming ACUNS members, individuals obtain the following specific benefits:
- Electronic access to the Global Governance journal, published quarterly by BRILL Publishers, including to all past issues. Members can obtain print access for a supplementary fee.
- Reduced rates for registration to the ACUNS Annual Meeting and ACUNS Annual Workshop.
- Opportunities to apply for UN grounds passes or accreditations to access UN meetings, conferences, research libraries, etc. as ACUNS representatives.
- Opportunities to advertise their research or other activities, including events, conferences, publications, etc. through the Monthly Bulletin, reaching the entire ACUNS community.
- Opportunities to participate in the activities of the new Global Governance Innovation Network.
Membership Registration and Rates
To become a member, individuals must complete an individual registration form. Upon the payment of the required fees, individuals will obtain access to the Global Governance journal and other member benefits described above.
Membership rates are described in the table below. All values are United States dollars (USD). If individuals live in countries that do not use USD as their currency, they are invited to estimate their annual income in USD using the exchange rate on the day they are signing up. For a print copy of the Global Governance journal there is an additional fee of $15 USD per year, as indicated.
For questions, please contact the ACUNS Administrative Coordinator, Mr. Filip Savatic, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TABLE OF MEMBERSHIP RATES
in US Dollars
|1-Year Fee||1-Year Fee|
with Print GG
|3-Year Fee||3-Year Fee|
with Print GG
|No Stable Income||$5||$20||N/A||N/A|