Areas of Expertise
Civil Society, Diplomacy, Disarmament,
Region of Focus
East Asia and the Pacific, Europe, North America, Oceania
Alyn Ware is an international policy expert and advocate focusing on nuclear disarmament, international law of peace and security, disarmament for development, and non-violent conflict resolution. He serves as the Global Coordinator for Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament, Director of the Basel Peace Office, Co-Chair of the Peace and Disarmament Commission of the World Future Council, Consultant for the International Association of Lawyers Against Nuclear Arms, and Special Officer on Peace and Security for the United Nations Association of New Zealand. Alyn originates from New Zealand. He has lived in New York and Basel, and currently lives in Prague. He has received a number of awards for his international peace work including the Winston Churchill Memorial Award, United Nations International Year of Peace Award and the Right Livelihood Award (‘Alternative Nobel Peace Prize’).
- Nuclear Disarmament Resource Guide for Religious Leaders and Communities, published by Religions for Peace;
- Move the Nuclear Weapons Money, co-published by the International Peace Bureau, World Future Council and Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament;
- Handbook for Parliamentarians on Supporting Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament, published by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (co-edited with Rob van Riet;
- The Climate/Nuclear Nexus, published by the World Future Council (contributing author).
- Alyn is also the editor of the monthly UNFOLD ZERO and PNND Updates. See www.unfoldzero.org and www.pnnd.org.