Once a month, the UNESCO Assistant Director-General for External Relations and Public Information sends a letter to Non-Governmental Organizations, official partners of UNESCO. As ACUNS holds Associate Status with UNESCO, these letters are shared on the ACUNS website.
- 31 March 2017 – Deadline for UNESCO’s global survey on the role of civil society in implementing the 2005 Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions
- 12-14 April 2017 – “Second International Conference on Youth Volunteering and Dialogue: Preventing violent extremism and strengthening social inclusion”, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
- 23-24 April 2017 – World Book and Copyright Day 2017
- 26-27 April 2017 – Netexplo Forum 2017, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
- 1-4 May 2017 – World Press Freedom Day, Jakarta, Indonesia
- 17-19 May 2017 – International Conference on Youth and Information and Communication Technologies: Preventing violent extremism in cyberspace, Byblos, Lebanon
- UNESCO Publications
The publication Education for Sustainable Development Goals: Learning Objectives is designed as a guide for education professionals on the use of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in learning for the SDGs. The guide identifies indicative learning objectives and suggests topics and learning activities for each SDG and presents implementation methods at different levels, from course design to national strategies. You can download the publication under this link. A French version is also available
The goal of the report Counting (on) Women in Politics: Experiences from Morocco & Tunisia is to provide a factual basis for policy reform in favour of women’s political participation in the region. It focuses on the experience of women within political parties in Tunisia and Morocco, countries that have shown strong political will and reformed their legislation to increase women’s political participation in recent years. The report is available in both English and French under this link.
Feature Image Credit “UN Photo/Eskinder Debebe”