- Jointly organized by the United Nations University and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), the JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is designed to provide promising, highly qualified, young researchers with the opportunity to conduct advanced research relevant to the main thematic focus areas of the UNU Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS, Tokyo) and UNU Centre for Policy Research (UNU-CPR, Tokyo), in co-operation with host researchers at Japanese universities and research institutions. UNU acts as the nominating authority for the JSPS–UNU Programme. This fellowship is aimed at candidates who have completed their doctoral degrees in the past six years and also have professional and/or research experience. UNU will assist in securing acceptance from host researchers for short-listed candidates.
- Fellowships are awarded for a period of 24 months. Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (received on or after 2 April 2011) when the fellowship begins, or be scheduled to receive a doctoral degree before the fellowship begins. Japanese nationals are not eligible.
- Applications are due 28 February 2017
- Visit the UNU-IAS website
- Visit the UNU-CPR website
The UNU Institute for Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) and UNU Centre for Policy Research (UNU-CPR) are now accepting applications for the JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowships to the following research projects/programmes:
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2017.
Jointly organized by UNU and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), the JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides promising, highly qualified, young researchers with the opportunity to conduct advanced research relevant to the main thematic focus areas of UNU-IAS and UNU-CPR.
JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowships are offered for a period of 24 months beginning in September 2017. Candidates must have completed a doctoral degree on or after 2 April 2011, and candidates’ research proposals for the Fellowships should relate clearly to one of the research areas of UNU-IAS listed above, and also aim to be policy-relevant.
Completed online applications for the fellowships must be submitted by 28 February 2017. Applications will only be considered if they are complete and all required documentation has been received.
For more information:
- Information on the JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship programme is available at http://ias.unu.edu/en/
about/fellowships/jsps-unu- fellowship-programme.html# overview
about/fellowships/jsps-unu- fellowship-programme.html# applications_procedure
- The online application form is available at http://apps.ias.unu.edu/
- Contact us at [email protected]