- The United Nations Summer Study (UNSS) program, offered by The New School’s Graduate Program in International Affairs, puts graduate, undergraduate, and PhD students on the ground in the United Nations and in New York City.
- Eligibility: Rising Junior and Senior Undergraduates Graduate students, Ph.D. students, and professionals.
- Dates: June 5th to July 21st, 2017
- Visit the program website
- Application deadline: March 31st, 2017
- Online application
- Contact information: email@example.com
You want to work for social justice at the global level, but most United Nations study programs take you sightseeing. Do you want just a cursory tour, or do you want to immerse yourself in international affairs?
The United Nations Summer Study (UNSS) program, offered by The New School’s Graduate Program in International Affairs, puts graduate, undergraduate, and PhD students on the ground in the United Nations and in New York City. Unlike other UN study programs, UNSS takes you beyond a narrow focus on security and diplomacy to investigate development, human rights, humanitarian action, peacekeeping and peacebuilding, and environmental and reform issues. UNSS coursework prepares you to understand and engage with contemporary issues, policies, and debates in international affairs. UNSS practicums, not found in any other UN summer program, enable you to gain hands-on experience in the UN system.
Core curriculum (3 graduate or 4 undergraduate credits): $4,600
Core curriculum and practice-based curriculum (6 graduate or 8 undergraduate credits): $9,200
Noncredit option (only core curriculum): $2,500
Tuition covers classes, colloquium, tours, and visits. Housing fees are separate.
Application deadline: March 31st, 2017
Contact information: unstudy@