- The Annual Conference of the Italian Society for Climate Sciences (SISC) will take place on October 19-20, 2016 at the Ex Manifattura Tabacchi, Cagliari, Italy.
- The organizing committee solicits contributions for the poster sessions (visit website).
- A short abstract (max 300 words) in its final version, in English, should be submitted to: [email protected]
- Templates and guidelines are available on the website.
- Deadline for submission of poster abstracts July 31, 2016.
- Download call
CALL FOR POSTERS
Italian Society for Climate Sciences – IV Annual Conference
Climate challenges and solutions under the 2°C target
October 19-20, 2016 – Cagliari (Italy)
The Annual Conference of the Italian Society for Climate Sciences (SISC) will take place on October 19-20, 2016 at the Ex Manifattura Tabacchi, Cagliari, Italy.
The conference, entitled “Climate challenges and solutions under the 2°C target”, is organized by SISC in cooperation with other Italian Institutions and aims to foster the scientific debate among scientists, policy and decision makers (Italians and foreigners), NGOs members and other stakeholders whose activities are focused on climate change, as well as its relationships with the environment and socio-economic systems, opportunities and solutions helping in respecting the recent Paris agreement.
The main objectives of the Conference will be to summarize the Italian experience on climate research and policy action, within the international setting, and specifically:
• To promote an interdisciplinary platform for sharing and discussing on climate risk for the environment and the society;
• To highlight the scientific advances made to address the different aspects of climate change;
• To explore possible solutions to cope with climate change by promoting a dialogue on policies and strategies regarding adaptation, mitigation, and sustainable growth.
The main topics that will be covered during the 2016 Conference edition will be:
• Extreme Events
• Climate Impacts
• Adaptation opportunities
• Sustainable development
• Climate Services
The program of the SISC Annual Conference will consist of parallel sessions of high profile invited talks and contributing poster sessions covering the latest knowledge and research on climate change challenges and coping perspectives to respect the 2°C target.
The Conference is open to scientists, researchers, policy makers, entrepreneurs, associations and experts.
The participation of young researchers and PhD students is particularly welcome.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR WORK
The organizing committee solicits contributions for the poster sessions (http://www.sisclima.it/
A short abstract (max 300 words) should be submitted at: [email protected] in its final version, in English, no later than July 31, 2016. Authors are requested to follow the editorial instructions available here (http://www.sisclima.it/
The Scientific Committee will evaluate all poster abstracts that will be submitted in the requested format. A notification of the abstract acceptance will be communicated to the authors by August 12, 2016.
COST OF REGISTRATION
For more details on registration fees, please visit the Conference webpage: http://www.sisclima.it/
July 31, 2016 – Deadline for submission of poster abstracts.
August 12, 2016 – Notification of acceptance.
September 01, 2016 – Notification of the provisional program (uploading meeting program on web).
September 30, 2016 – Deadline for online registration.
October 10, 2016 – Notification of the final program (uploading meeting program on web).
For more information: [email protected]