- The UN Public Service Day intends to celebrate the value and virtue of public service to the community; highlight the contribution of public service in the development process; recognize the work of public servants, and encourage young people to pursue careers in the public sector. Since the first Awards Ceremony in 2003, the United Nations has received an increasing number of submissions from all around the world.
- Nominations are invited in three categories:
1) Reaching the poorest and most vulnerable through inclusive services and participation;
2) Promoting transparency, accountability and integrity in public service; and
3) Innovation and excellence in delivering health services.
- For more information on the award and the nomination process and requirements, please visit the UNPSA website
- Download the Press Release
- Nominations are due 17 March 2017
- Download the Flyer
- The United Nations has begun accepting nominations for the 2017 UN Public Service Awards (UNPSA), aimed at promoting and recognizing innovation and excellence in public services supporting the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the transformative agenda to boost prosperity around the world and ensure that no one is left behind.
- The Award recognizes achievements and contributions by public service institutions in three categories: ability to reach the poorest and most vulnerable communities through inclusive services and participation; efforts to promote transparency, accountability and integrity in public service as well as innovation and excellence in delivering health services.
- The Award aims to illustrate that sustainable development and effective governance are built on the competent delivery of public service. The call for nominations is open to all public organizations, including governments and public institutions engaged in public-private partnerships for delivering services. Nominees are expected to present innovative projects that contribute to improved public service delivery and can inspire similar initiatives around the world.
- Nominations for the UNPSA are open until 17 March 2017 and the Awards will be handed out on 23 June 2017, a day designated by the UN General Assembly as the UN Public Service Day to celebrate the value and virtue of public service to the community. The Awards ceremony will take place this year during the UN Public Service Forum in The Hague, Netherlands.